Monday 27 January 2014

MAC Rebel Lipstick Review


Mac Rebel is a firm autumnal/winter favourite amongst beauty mavens and I had been lusting after it for ages. It’s a gorgeous plum shade which leans towards being deep fuchsia pink (more so in different shades of light!) I thought Rebel was going to be more on the deep purple side and I was kinda disappointed when it wasn’t – I wouldn't say that the colour of the bullet is the same as the colour that transfers.  As for how good this lippy is and how long it lasts – I would say it’s pretty so-so. Rebel is from the Satin range therefore the formula for these lipsticks is meant to be semi-matte, which I would agree with. I hate matte formulas as my lips are a bugger for drying out, but I don’t find this to be too bad. One thing I was fairly surprised by was its unimpressive lasting power. The boldness of the colour on first application seems to fade fairly quickly despite being what I would consider to be a heavily pigmented lipstick. Even though I haven't sung it's praises all too well, I do think this is a lovely shade but I’m not sure I would repurchase it. It’s one that tends to get cast aside but it does create a gorgeous vampy look, a subtle smoky eye and Rebel go hand in hand.
MAC Rebel - £15 @ MAC Counters
What are your opinions on Rebel?

Han X

No comments:

Post a Comment