I was tagged to do this autumn post by Rosie @ sleeplesswithsienna, I haven’t done one of these before but there’s nothing I like more than a change in season! We had a brilliant summer and autumn has really started to kick in now, I even had to whip out my Ugg’s the other day! The above picture is Poppy, she's my boyfriend's mum's dog who comes to stay when they go on holiday! She looks very cosy and cute so I thought this pic was appropriate!
For autumn, what is your...
1. Favourite thing about it? I do feel like Autumn is a bit of a limbo season, it’s too cold for summer yet not cold enough for winter, so the best thing about it for me is the whole build up to Christmas. Plus my mum always changes the colour scheme of accessories in the living room (taking away the blues and greens of the summer and changing them for cranberry and burgundy shades) it always feels super cosy in our house throughout this time of year and I love it. Plus Halloween and Bonfire night are always good!
2. Favourite drink? Hot vimto obviously, such a good drink for cold days and evenings! Had my first one of the season the other day! I am partial to a hot chocolate with cream on top too.
3. Favourite scent/candle? Cinnamon scented candles. My absolute favourite for this time of year! We have them on sale at work at the moment so I get to smell them all day long!
4. Best lipstick? I haven’t got too many Autumnal appropriate lipsticks but I aim to get my hands on MAC’s rebel soon which is a very deep plum shade.
5. Go to moisturiser? I have a few, Nip and Fab’s dry leg fix, for the pins, Body Shop’s body butter in Strawberry for all over and I’m not big on moisturising my face as they tend to break me out and just make everything a whole lot worse. I’m still on the hunt for the perfect contender!
6. Go to colours for the eyes? Definitely browns and bronze tones, plus a bit of gold shimmer as we near December, nothing like a gold infused smokey eye! I’ve also had my eye on plum and cranberry shades as I already LOVE my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pomegranate but Benefit also do Bad Gal Lash in shade called Plum which I’m totally intrigued by. Not sure quite how I’d work it but it’d be interesting!
7. Favourite music or band/singer to listen to? I’m totally all over London Grammar at the minute, so so good.
8. Favourite outfit to wear (i.e. boots & a scarf combo)? Black skinnies are my favourite at the minute, definitely need more of those! I love my grey boyfriend coat too, I’m actually surprised at how warm it keeps me!
9. Autumn treat? (i.e. a new scarf or bag you have your eye on) Lily Pebbles recently posted about an absolutely gorgeous tartan scarf from Zara, so THAT is what my eye is on!
10. Favourite place to be? Piggin’ out at my boyfriends! I do really enjoy going for pub lunches in cute country pubs too! There is one up int ‘ills near to wear my boyfriend lives and they have an open fire and have the family dog roaming around, it’s so cute!
If you're reading this I tag you to do this post! Certainly gets you in the mood for your dressing gown and a hot chocolate!