Tuesday 4 February 2014

Soap & Glory Archery Brow Pencil Review



I definitely feel that the Soap & Glory make up range doesn’t get as much praise as it deserves. They have some smash products and I’m about to get all in your face with their Archery Brow Pencil. I’ve been using this for around three months now and I’ve been so happy with it. This pencil only comes in two shades, ‘Brownie Points’ which I shall be reviewing today, and ‘Love is Blonde’ but I wouldn’t let the limited shade range put you off. 'Brownie Points' is a medium brown, but I would say that it’s versatile enough to work with a number of different hair colours and skin tones, especially since my hair is quite dark and I have quite fair skin. That aside, what I find to be the beauty of this product is that it allows for a defined and precise application but at the same time delivers a very natural looking brow. The colour isn’t too brash and it doesn’t allow for a harsh application, no scouse brows here! As for me, I tend to get more use out of the brow pencil, as I like how quickly it can be applied and how long lasting the formula is. Speaking of which, it is very waxy and can be hard to work with at first. I think this is the reason many people opt for the brow tint applicator instead, but if you gradually build it up (without tugging the pencil at your skin!) then it makes for a great long lasting brow.


 
The tint aspect of this product is what I use when I have more time to perfect my brows, as I think the finish you get from this is brilliant. It does deliver that brow tint effect, but it doesn’t look unnatural. You can use it for a fuller brow look or to merely fill in sparse areas, building up the colour as you wish. This too is very long lasting and I’ve got a whole day and night from it before now!
Unfortunately I’m on my very last nub of pencil and my tint is beginning to dry up so I will definitely be repurchasing. The only downside there is to this product is that there isn’t that much product for your £10, and I’ve heard that the tint has dried up in less than two weeks for some people! But as for the product itself, S&G have impressed me yet again. 
Archery Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil - £10 @ Boots
What’s your favourite Soap & Glory product?

Han X

No comments:

Post a Comment